June 26, 2006

It's every girl's dream come true!

It appears there's been a veritable orgy of Fitzgeraldy goodness going on in my mailbox lately.

This past week I got a graduation congratulations letter from Jeff Fitzgerald, the dreamy Republican majority leader of the state Assembly, to accompany the one (on much better looking stationary) from his brother in the Senate, Scott.

Once I was done giggling like a school girl and covering the envelope in lipstick marks, I read its contents and was initially disappointed that it was basically just a standard, platitude-laden form letter, with nothing standing out as particularly worthy of note or online ridicule.

Then I noticed it was dated June 14... 2003.

Poor Jeff, numbers just don't appear to be your friends. You still owe my mom $160 plus a decade or so of interest for that illustration she did back in the day of your architecturally uninspiring domicile, remember?

But I suppose, I just can't hold a grudge when you write to tell me, "I am sure you will be successful in all that you choose to pursue."

So I now have written proof that not one, but two Fitzgeralds believe in me–man, I really can do anything!

I'm going to miss you boys. We should go get shitfaced sometime before I leave Madison.